Cordoba Climate & Temperature
- Cordoba, Spain is at 37°50'N, 4°50'W, 92 m (302 ft). See map.
- Cordoba has a hot mediterranean/ dry-summer subtropical climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Csa) that is mild with moderate seasonality. Summers are dry and hot due to the domination of subtropical high pressure systems while winters experience moderate temperatures and changeable, rainy weather due to the polar front. These climates usually occur on the western sides of continents between the latitudes of 30° and 45°. Vegetation is adapted to the dry summers and is fragrant and oily making it susceptible to fire. The typical Mediterranean climate average monthly temperatures in excess of 22.0 °C (71.6 °F) in its warmest month and an average in the coldest month between 18 to -3 °C (64 to 27 °F) with at least four months above 10 °C (50 °F). Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Csa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Cordoba is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 17.5 degrees Celsius (63.5 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 17.4 °C (31.3°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 605.9 mm (23.9 inches) which is equivalent to 605.9 Litres/m² (14.86 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Cordoba you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Ngahinapouri, New Zealand (Warm temperate dry forest biome).
Cordoba Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Cordoba Climate Graph in Metric Units
Cordoba Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Cordoba, Spain Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Caceres, Spain - 222.7 kms (138.4 miles) NW
- Portalegre, Portugal - 274.9 kms (170.8 miles) NW
- Badajoz, Spain - 207.9 kms (129.2 miles) NW
- Evora, Portugal - 278.7 kms (173.2 miles) WNW
- Beja, Portugal - 265.6 kms (165 miles) W
- Seville, Spain - 104.6 kms (65 miles) WSW
- Faro, Portugal - 290.5 kms (180.5 miles) WSW
- Jerez De La Frontera, Spain - 162 kms (100.7 miles) SW
- Cadiz, Spain - 194.5 kms (120.9 miles) SW
- Gibraltar, Gibraltar - 193.6 kms (120.3 miles) SSW
- Tangier, Morocco - 253.7 kms (157.6 miles) SSW